Friday, December 9, 2011

Write 1, Sub 1



My friend and editor Lyndon Perry recently posted on his blog, Bloggin' Out Loud, that he plans on taking the "Write 1, Sub 1" challenge in 2012.  Basically, the challenge is to write one story every week or every month (depending on how you choose to do it), and also submit a story every week/month.

Here's the challenge, should you choose to accept it:

  • Write and submit a short story or poem every week (or month), starting the first week of January and ending the last week of December.
  • Goal: 52 new submissions in 52 weeks (or 12 in 12 months).
  • You don't have to write and submit the same story within the same week--although that's what Bradbury did.  Often it pays to set a story aside for a while and come back to it.
  • The length of your story can be as short as Twitter fiction (140 characters) or as long as a novelette (15,000 words).  Any style, any genre: whatever you write.
I'm going for it.  Schedule constraints dictate that I choose the "monthly" route, but I'm going to give it my best shot.  Keep my accountable, because time sometimes has a tendency to slip through my fingers.  Thanks for your support, and remember, Philippians 4:13.--SMS


No comments:

Post a Comment