Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Praising God for the Opportunities!

Being a published author has always been a dream of mine.  It's something I've worked toward for a long time now.  With that said, 2011 has been an exciting year.  Zero Hour has been published, I've had other stories accepted for publication elsewhere, and some of my short stories are now available on Kindle in "single" format (i.e., a price of $0.99 for a single short story, comparable to what people pay on iTunes for a single song).


I don't say this in order for me to say, "Look what I've done!"  Instead, I want to say, "Look at the opportunities God has given me!"  If it weren't for God, I wouldn't have the ability to do this.  I wouldn't have the mental capacity to write a single sentence, much less entire stories.  If it weren't for God, nothing I've ever written would have been accepted anywhere.  If it weren't for God, this dream would have never become any more than just that--a dream.

Really, we can say that for everything with which we've been blessed.  In Job 1, even as his world is falling down around him, Job still has faith enough to say, "Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I shall return there.  The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away.  Blessed be the name of the LORD.”  James 1:17 teaches us that "Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above."  Paul tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, "Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."

As you go through your day today, take time out and thank God for everything that He has given you.  Philippians 4:13.--SMS

No comments:

Post a Comment